To program your garage door opener to your car HomeLink system can be tricky and it is important to have the latest up to date HomeLink instructions.
SOMMER / Direct Drive 310MHz** programming instructions for HomeLink in MOST* vehicles:
1. For the MOST vehicles, the first time programming with a SOMMER or Direct Drive garage door opener, press and hold all 3 HomeLink buttons for approximately 30 seconds, releasing only when the HomeLink indicator light turns off. (Do not perform this step when programming the additional HomeLink buttons)
2. To ensure HomeLink is in the proper training mode, press and hold each of the buttons individually. When pressed, the individual HomeLink button should make the indicator light blink rapidly for 2 seconds and then turn a solid/continuous light.
A second person may make the following steps quicker & easier. As a safety precaution, DO NOT stand on your vehicle. Use a stepladder or other stable, safe device.
3. At the garage door opener receiver (Control Housing) in the garage, locate the Learn button. If there is difficulty locating the training button, please reference the garage door opener’s manual.
4. Press and release the Learn button (which activates the “Radio” light) NOTE: Once the button is pressed, there are approximately 10 seconds in which to initiate the next step.
5. Return to the vehicle and firmly press and hold the desired HomeLink button to be programmed for two seconds and release. Repeat the “press/hold/release” a second time to activate the door. (You may need to repeat this sequence of pressing the Learn button on the Control Housing and then pressing the HomeLink button in the vehicle up to 3 times to complete the training process).
HomeLink should now activate your rolling code equipped opener.